Monday 13 July 2009

Ladies & Edema

At 35 weeks of pregnancy, I'm going through all the common things that a pregnant woman should be. Having an interrupted sleep on almost every night is nothing new . Due the positioning of the baby, I'm going to the loo every couple of hours. More frequent than normal. So I'll be draging my sleepy self to the toilet every 2 to 3 hours on everynight. And to make it worst, if i didn't drink enough of water during the day, I'll be having a cramps in the middle of the night too.. Of course it is painful.

And preggy mommy is puffy mommy too.. More to my feet actually . Edema. And during the Isetan sales @ KLCC, I could only look at those lovely discounted shoes. Yeah, it is not fair for a puffy feet-mommy . Eventhough I did buy one pair of shoes ( that is because I'm familiar with it's sizing that matches my size ) , still I wish I was able to buy another pair. A few lovely pair of shoes caught my eyes. But I don't dare to buy them as I'm not too sure of it's sizing.
Apart from frequent urinating & having an edema, gaining that extra 10-15 kg is in with me too... Nevertheless, I'm not worried much as all those fats are distributed approximately like this :
  1. Baby: 7.5 pounds
  2. Placenta: 1.5 pounds
  3. Amniotic fluid: 2 pounds
  4. Uterine enlargement: 2 pounds
  5. Maternal breast tissue: 2 pounds
  6. Maternal blood volume: 4 pounds
  7. Fluids in maternal tissue: 4 pounds
  8. Maternal fat stores: 7 pounds
And all these can easily be shed off during confinement period/pantang.I'm not saying one should avoid from eating a well-balanced food just to lose the extra weight. You only have to change your cooking methods and breastfeed your baby. This works for me . But after 2 years of giving birth to Arissa, I gained extra kilos as I didn't really watch what I eat. Plus no exercise too..heheheheh. Maybe that is why it is better for woman to be in her ideal BMI weight prior to her pregnancy.
hemmmm . A visit to my Doctor last Saturday , I was told I have only 5 more weeks to go. But, this lil munckin may pops out a few days earlier from the DD .

No comments: